Terms and Conditions
1. The "Buy a PlayStation®Vita and test your knowledge to win a PlayStation®4" competition ("Competition") is open to persons aged 18 years or over who are residents of Austria, Australia, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Russia, Spain and the United Kingdom ("Entrant Countries") except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter (as defined below) and their immediate families, the Promoter's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition ("Entrants").
2. The Competition is open for entries on 28 October 2013 at 00.00 (GMT) ("Opening Date") and closes on 4 January 2014 at 17.00 (GMT) ("Closing Date"). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the "Competition Period". Entrants must purchase the PlayStation®Vita as described below between 28 October 2013 at 00.00 (GMT) and 31 December 2013 at 23.59 (GMT) ("Purchase Period").
3. Entrants must purchase a PlayStation®Vita system during the Purchase Period in order to enter the Competition. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions ("Terms").
4. To enter the Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
a) purchase a PlayStation®Vita system online or instore during the Purchase Period ("Purchased PlayStation®Vita");
b) if they do not already have a Sony Entertainment Network ("SEN") account (previously known as PlayStation®Network), create one using their PlayStation® system or by visiting http://eu.playstation.com/registration/;
c) sign into their SEN account;
d) if they have not already opted in to receiving marketing emails on their SEN account, edit their SEN account settings to opt-in to marketing emails;
e) connect their Purchased PlayStation®Vita to their SEN account by no later than twenty-four (24) hours after the end of the Purchase Period;
f) they will receive an email from the Promoter to the email address registered to their SEN account no later than forty-eight (48) hours after connecting their Purchased PlayStation®Vita to their SEN account;
g) click on the link under the "Win a PS4™" heading in the email during the Competition Period; and
h) answer the three (3) multiple choice questions on the web page which the link leads to during the Competition Period by:
i. clicking "Start" to begin the timed multiple choice quiz;
ii. answering all of the multiple choice questions as quickly as possible; and
iii. clicking "Submit" once completed to stop the timer.
6. Each Entrant may only submit one (1) entry and will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below). The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant if the Promoter has reasonable grounds to suspect that the Entrant has engaged in dishonest or cheating behavior in relation to the Competition.
7. There will be one (1) winner ("Winner"), determined as follows:
a) each Entrant will be awarded a score corresponding to the number of questions they answered correctly ("Score") and a time corresponding to the time in which it took them to complete the questions and click "Submit" ("Time"). Times shall be recorded to three decimal places;
b) the Winner shall be the Entrant with the highest Score. In the event that more than one Entrant obtains the equal highest Score, the Winner shall be the Entrant that obtained the highest Score in the fastest Time; and
c) in the event that more than one Entrant obtained the highest Score in the exact same fastest Time, those Entrants shall complete another set of timed multiple-choice questions to determine the Winner, in accordance with the ranking mechanism set out in a) and b) above. In the event of a further tie, this process shall be repeated until one (1) Winner is obtained.
8. The Promoter shall notify the Winner, by email via the email address registered to their SEN account, of their selection within fourteen (14) days of the Closing Date.
9. The Winner will win a PlayStation®4 system ("Prize"), with value of approximately:
a) GBP 349.99;
b) EUR 399.99;
c) AUD 539.95;
d) NZD 649.95;
e) CZK 10,999.00;
f) RUB 18,999.00; and
g) DKK 3,199.00.
10. In order to claim their Prize, the Winner must respond via email to the Promoter's email message to them, providing their full name, date of birth and postal address, within thirty (30) days of receiving it.
11. Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value.
12. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
13. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
15. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to send, by courier to the postal given by the Winner when confirming that they accept the Prize, the Prize to the Winner within thirty (30) days of receiving a Winner's details.
16. If the Prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven (7) days of receipt, otherwise the Prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect a Winner's statutory rights (if any).
17. The Winner agrees to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
18. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish the Winner's name on the Promoter's website(s). The Winner's name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked 'Buy a PlayStation®Vita and test your knowledge to win a PlayStation®4' to the following address: Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
19. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded.
20. The Winner may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction's tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
21. General Rules apply to the Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules.
22. The "Promoter" is: Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.
23. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.