Terms and Conditions
1. The "Design a Trailer for Broforce” competition (“Competition”) is open to persons aged 18 years or over who are residents of the United Kingdom, Ireland, and Northern Ireland (“Entrant Countries”) except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter (as defined below) and their immediate families, the Promoter's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition (“Entrants”).
2. The Competition is open for entries on 2 March 2016 at 10.00 (GMT) ("Opening Date") and closes on 16 March 2016 at 23.59 (GMT) ("Closing Date"). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the “Competition Period”.
3. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary but Entrants must own or have access to a PlayStation®4 and a copy of Broforce for PlayStation®4 (“Game”). Entrants must be active PlayStation®Plus members during the Competition Period. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms”) as well as the General Rules (click here).
4. To enter the Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
a) if they do not already have a Sony Entertainment Network (“SEN”) account (previously known as PlayStation®Network account), create one using their PlayStation® system or by visiting http://eu.playstation.com/registration/;
b) visit the English PlayStation Forum at http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu (“Forum”);
c) sign into their SEN account;
d) click on the “Competition – Design a Trailer for Broforce” thread http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/S/Competition-Design-a-Trailer-for-Broforce/m-p/24025534 (“Thread”);
e) record, edit and design a video clip compilation during play of the Game on the PlayStation®4 using the SHAREfactory™ free video editing application available on the PlayStation®4, which can be found on the Dynamic Menu (“Video Clip”);
f) press the “SHARE” button on the PlayStation®4 controller and use the share menus to share the Video Clip to YouTube;
g) post a reply by posting their Video Clip to the Thread. The Video Clip must be no longer than one (1) minute, and must include usage of the SHAREfactory™ Time Bender feature;
6. Each Entrant may only submit one (1) entry and will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below).
7. Each Entrant must adhere to the General Rules and in particular, to sections 6 and 7. In addition, entries must not contain any:
a) pornography, nudity, or sexually explicit imagery;
b) abusive, offensive or hateful imagery or language;
c) harassing or defamatory content;
d) content that compromises the privacy or safety of yourself or others;
e) content that demeans a particular gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, ethnicity or nationality;
f) violent or dangerous behaviour; and/or
g) spam, advertising or other commercial activities.
8. Each Entrant grants to the Promoter a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use entries for promotional purposes and for all the purposes related to the Competition, across all media including any online platforms under the Promoter’s control.
9. All entries must be completely original so as not to breach any third party copyright. The Promoter accepts no liability if Entrants ignore these Terms and each Entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Promoter against any claims by any third party arising from any breach of these Terms.
10. There will be one (1) winner (“Winner”) and one (1) runner-up (“Runner-Up”). The Winner and the Runner-Up will be determined as follows: The Winner and the Runner-Up will be selected by a Most Valued PlayStationer “MVP” (as defined on the PlayStation Forum) and one (1) or more employees of the Promoter based upon the originality and creativity of the Video Clip. The decision of the judges is final.
11. The Promoter shall notify the Winner and the Runner-Up by Private Message (“PM”) on the Forum, of their selection within two (2) weeks of the Closing Date.
12. In order to claim their Prize (as defined below), the Winner and the Runner-Up must respond appropriately to the Promoter’s notification PM within one (1) week from the date of the Promoter’s notification PM, and provide their full name, postal address and date of birth. The postal address provided must match any postal address provided at the time of entry, or the each Winner and the Runner-Up may be disqualified.
13. The Winner will win:
One (1) PlayStation®Store €50 credit, in the form of a voucher code, which must be redeemed by 2 March 2017 on the PlayStation®Store;
One (1) copy of Action Henk! for PlayStation®4, in the form of a voucher code, which must be redeemed by 2 March 2017 on the PlayStation®Store;
One (1) copy of Assault Android Cactus for PlayStation®4, in the form of a voucher code, which must be redeemed by 2 March 2017 on the PlayStation®Store, with a total approximate value of GBP 68 (“Winner Prize”).
14. The Runner-Up will win:
One (1) PlayStation®Store €20 credit, in the form of a voucher code, which must be redeemed by 2 March 2017 on the PlayStation®Store (“Runner-Up Prize”).
15. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to send:
a) by PM, the Winner Prize to the Winner; and
b) by PM, the Runner-Up Prize to the Runner-Up,
within two (2) weeks of receiving a Winner’s and Runner-Up’s details.
16. In these Terms, “Prize” shall mean a Winner Prize, and a Runner-Up Prize, as appropriate in the context.
17. Voucher codes are subject to terms and conditions of use. Please click here for details. Voucher codes are not transferable and may not be re-sold. Voucher codes have an expiry date which will be communicated with the voucher code.
18. Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value.
19. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
20. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
22. If a Prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven (7) days of receipt, otherwise the Prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect the Winner’s or the Runner-Up’s statutory rights (if any).
23. The Winner and the Runner-Up agrees to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
24. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded. If an Entrant fails to comply with clauses 4, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 12, they will be excluded from the Competition and their entry will be declared void.
25. The Winner and the Runner-Up may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction’s tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
26. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish the Winner’s and the Runner-Up’s name on the Promoter’s website(s). The Winner’s and the Runner-Up’s name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked ‘Design a Trailer for Broforce’ to the following address: Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
27. General Rules apply to the Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules.
28. The “Promoter” is: Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.
29. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.
The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, YouTube. Each Entrant is providing their information to the Promoter and not to YouTube. The information each Entrant provides will only be used to administer the Competition. Each Entrant agrees that YouTube shall not have any liability in relation to the Competition.