Terms and Conditions
1. The "The Last of Us - Scavenger Hunt” competition (“Competition”) is open to persons aged 18 years or over who are residents of Belgium, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Turkey and the United Kingdom (“Entrant Countries”) except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter (as defined below) and their immediate families, the Promoter's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition (“Entrants”).
2. The Competition is open for entries on 22 January 2014 at 09.00 (GMT) ("Opening Date") and closes on the 7 February 2014 at 23.59 (GMT) ("Closing Date"). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the “Competition Period”.
3. The first round of the Competition (“First Round”) shall consist of ten (10) different questions (each a “Daily Question”), where a Daily Question will be posted every week day starting on 22 January 2014 at 09:00 (GMT) for the ten (10) consecutive week days (excluding weekends) (“Consecutive Week Days”) with the last Daily Question posted on 4 February 2014. Each Daily Question must be answered no later than 23:59 (GMT) (“Closing Time”) on the day it was posted.
4. The final round of the Competition (“Final Round”) shall consist of one question (“Final Question”) which will be posted on 7 February 2014 at 09.00 (GMT) (“Final Week Day”) and which must be answered on 7 February 2014 and no later than the Closing Time.
5. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary, but Entrants must own or have access to a PlayStation®3 system and a copy of The Last of Us on PlayStation®3 in order to enter. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms”).
6. To enter the Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
a) if they do not already have a Sony Entertainment Network (“SEN”) account (previously known as PlayStation®Network), create one using their PlayStation® system or by visiting http://eu.playstation.com/registration/;
b) visit their local language PlayStation Forum at http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu (“Forum”);
c) sign into their SEN account;
d) click on the “The Last of Us - Scavenger Hunt” thread http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Competitions/The-Last-of-Us-Scavenger-Hunt-Competition/td-p/20625567 which is where the Daily Question and the Final Question will be posted (“Thread”);
e) Entrants must answer the Daily Question by submitting an image they have created relating to the relevant Daily Question (“Image”);
f) Entrants may choose to design their Image by either:
I. using any design packages on their computer; or
II. using any other materials to complete their Image;
g) once the Image is complete Entrants must either:
I. save a digital copy of their completed Image; or
II. take a photo of their completed Image,
h) Entrants must post a reply in the Thread by uploading the Image before the Closing Time on the relevant Consecutive Week Day. The Image submitted must be in .jpeg format, must not be greater than 600 pixels wide and the file size must not exceed 1000 kilobytes. Entrants’ PSN Online ID must be clearly readable in the Image submitted; and
i) nine (9) entries will be chosen from the First Round by a Most Valued PlayStationer (as defined on the PlayStation Forum) (“MVP”) and one (1) or more employees of the Promoter based on the originality and creativity of the Image (each a “First Round Winner”). Each MVP is an independent judge and is not permitted to enter the Competition him/herself. The decision of the judges is final;
j) the Promoter shall notify each First Round Winner of their Prize (as defined below), by private message (“PM”) on the Forum and by public announcement of each First Round Winner’s PSN ID on the Thread, of their selection on 6 February 2014;
k) all First Round Winners will be eligible to enter the Final Round;
l) the Final Question will be posted on the Final Week Day and must be answered by the First Round Winners in accordance with clauses 6) e – h, and no later than the Closing Time on the Final Week Day; and
8. Each Entrant may only submit one (1) entry per Consecutive Week Day in the First Round and each First Round Winner may only submit one (1) entry in the Final Round and will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below).
9. Each Entrant must adhere to the General Rules and in particular, to sections 7 and 8. In addition, entries must not contain any:
a) pornography, nudity, or sexually explicit imagery;
b) abusive, offensive or hateful imagery or language;
c) harassing or defamatory content;
d) content that compromises the privacy or safety of yourself or others;
e) content that demeans a particular gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, ethnicity or nationality;
f) violent or dangerous behaviour; and/or
g) spam, advertising or other commercial activities.
10. Each Entrant grants to the Promoter a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use entries for promotional purposes and for all the purposes related to the Competition, across all media including any online platforms under their control.
11. All entries must be completely original so as not to breach any third party copyright. The Promoter accepts no liability if Entrants ignore these Terms and each Entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Promoter against any claims by any third party arising from any breach of these Terms.
12. There will be one (1) final round winner (“Final Round Winner”), one (1) first runner-up (“First Runner-Up) and one (1) second runner-up (“Second Runner-Up”) in the Final Round. The Final Round Winner, the First Runner-Up and the Second Runner-Up will be selected by the Naughty Dog Team and their decision is final.
13. The Promoter shall notify the Final Round Winner, the First Runner-Up and the Second Runner-Up, by PM on the Forum, of their selection within one (1) week of the Closing Date.
14. In order to claim their Prize (as defined below), each First Round Winner, the Final Round Winner, the First Runner-Up and the Second Runner-Up must respond to the Promoter’s PM on the Forum, specifying their name, date of birth, email address and postal address within thirty (30) days of receiving the Promoter’s PM.
15. Each First Round Winner will win one (1) Hat Bundle, in the form of a voucher code, with an approximate value of EUR 10.00 / PLN 45.06 / RUB 490.00 / TRY 32.00 / GBP 9.00 and a chance to take part in the Final Round of the Competition. (“First Round Winner Prize”)
16. The Final Round Winner will win:
a) one (1) The Last of Us collectors kit;
b) one (1) The Last of Us survival kit, in the form of a voucher code;
c) one (1) The Last of Us signed comic book;
d) one (1) The Last of Us art booklet; and
e) four (4) different Hat Bundles in the form of voucher codes (“Hat Bundles”),
with an approximate value of EUR 115.00 / PLN 480.00 / RUB 5,260.00 / TRY 345.00 / GBP 96.00 (“Final Round Winner Prize”)
17. The First Runner-Up will win:
a) one (1) The Last of Us collectors kit;
b) one (1) The Last of Us survival kit, in the form of a voucher code;
c) one (1) The Last of Us art booklet;
d) one (1) The Last of Us signed poster; and
e) four (4) different Hat Bundles in the form of voucher codes,
with an approximate value of EUR 110.00 / PLN 450.00 / RUB 4,930.00 / TRY 320.00 / GBP 90.00 (“First Runner-Up Prize”)
18. The Second Runner-Up will win:
a) one (1) The Last of Us signed poster; and
b) four (4) different Hat Bundles in the form of voucher codes,
with an approximate value of EUR 43.00 / PLN 180.00 / RUB 1,970.00 / TRY 130.00 / GBP 36.00 (“Second Runner-Up Prize”).
19. In these terms, (“Prize”) shall mean a First Round Winner Prize, a Final Round Winner Prize, a First Runner-Up Prize and/or a Second Runner-Up Prize, as appropriate in the context.
20. Voucher codes are subject to terms and conditions of use. Please click here for details. Voucher codes are not transferable and may not be re-sold. Voucher codes have an expiry date which will be communicated with the voucher code.
21. Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value.
22. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
23. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
25. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to send:
a) the First Round Winner Prize, by PM on the Forum, to each First Round Winner;
b) the Last of Us collectors kit, by registered post, to the Final Round Winner and the First Runner-Up;
c) the Last of Us Comic book and the Last of Us art booklet, by registered post, to the Final Round Winner;
d) the Survival kit and the Hat Bundles, by PM on the Forum, to the Final Round Winner and the First Runner-Up;
e) the Last of Us signed poster and the Last of Us art booklet, by registered post, to the First Runner-Up;
f) the Last of Us signed poster, by registered post, to the Second Runner-Up; and
g) the Hat Bundles, by PM on the Forum, to the Second Runner-Up,
within 30 days of receiving a First Round Winner’s, the Final Round Winner’s, the First Runner-Up’s and/or the Second Runner-Up’s details.
26. If the Prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven (7) days of receipt, otherwise the Prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect a each First Round Winner’s, the Final Round Winner’s, the First Runner-Up’s and/or the Second Runner-Up’s statutory rights (if any).
27. Each First Round Winner, the Final Round Winner, the First Runner-Up and the Second Runner-Up agrees to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
28. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish each First Round Winner’s, the Final Round Winner’s, the First Runner-Up’s and the Second Runner-Up’s name on the Promoter’s website(s) and on the Thread. Each First Round Winner’s, the Final Round Winner’s, the First Runner-Up’s and the Second Runner-Up’s name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked ‘The Last of Us – Scavenger Hunt” to the following address: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
29. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded.
30. Each First Round Winner, the Final Round Winner, the First Runner-Up and the Second Runner-Up may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction’s tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
31. General Rules apply to the Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules.
32. The “Promoter” is: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.
33. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.