Terms and Conditions
1. The "Ask & Win: PS4 - Shuhei Yoshida" competition ("Competition") is open to persons aged 18 years or over who are residents of Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland and the United Kingdom ("Entrant Countries") except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter (as defined below) and their immediate families, the Promoter's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition ("Entrants").
2. The Competition is open for entries on 27 June 2013 at 12.00 (GMT) ("Opening Date") and closes on 11 July 2013 at 23.59 (GMT) ("Closing Date"). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the "Competition Period".
3. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions ("Terms").
4. To enter this Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
a) If they do not already have a Sony Entertainment Network ("SEN") account (previously known as PlayStation®Network), create one using their PlayStation® system or by visiting http://eu.playstation.com/registration/;
b) Visit the PlayStation® competitions website at eu.playstation.com/psn/competitions;
c) Click on the link for the "Ask & Win: PS4 - Shuhei Yoshida" competition;
d) Sign into their SEN Account;
e) Follow the on-screen instructions in order to upload, via a text box within the competition registration form, a question relating to PlayStation®4 that they would like Shuhei Yoshida, President of Sony Interactive Entertainment Worldwide Studios, to answer ("Question"). The Question must not exceed two hundred and fifty (250) words; and
f) Enter their SEN Online ID and click Enter.
6. Each Entrant may only submit one (1) entry and will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below).
7. Each Entrant must adhere to the General Rules and in particular, to sections 7 and 8. In addition, entries must not contain any:
a) pornography, nudity, or sexually explicit imagery;
b) abusive, offensive or hateful imagery or language;
c) harassing or defamatory content;
d) content that compromises the privacy or safety of yourself or others;
e) content that demeans a particular gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, ethnicity or nationality;
f) violent or dangerous behaviour; and/or
g) spam, advertising or other commercial activities.
8. Each Entrant grants to the Promoter a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use entries for promotional purposes and for all the purposes related to the Competition, across all media including any online platforms under their control.
9. All entries must be completely original so as not to breach any third party copyright. The Promoter accepts no liability if Entrants ignore these Terms and each Entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Promoter against any claims by any third party arising from any breach of these Terms.
10. There will be five (5) winners (each a "Winner") and five (5) runners-up (each a "Runner-Up"). A panel of judges (the "Judges"), which shall consist of representatives of the Promoter and an independent judge, shall select the ten (10) most creative, original and insightful Questions submitted, in their absolute discretion (each a "Finalist Question"). The Finalist Questions will be provided to Shuhei Yoshida, who will answer each of the Finalist Questions and rank the Finalist Questions in order based on their creativity, originality and insightfulness. The Entrants who submitted the top five (5) ranked Questions shall be the Winners, and the Entrants who submitted the lowest five (5) ranked Finalist Questions shall be the Runners-Up. The decision of the Judges and Shuhei Yoshida is final.
11. The Promoter shall notify each Winner and Runner-Up by email, to the email address linked to their SEN account, of their selection within two (2) weeks of the Closing Date.
12. In order to claim their Prize, each Winner and Runner-Up must respond appropriately to the Promoter's email message to them, providing their name, date of birth and postal address, within four (4) weeks of the date of the Promoter's email.
13. Each Winner will win a PlayStation® Vita Wi-fi System handheld entertainment system, each with a value of £220/€200/6,200CZK/1,900DKK/325CHF (each a "Winner's Prize"). Each Runner-Up will win a Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time™ game for PlayStation® Vita each with a value of £20/€30/775CZK/225DKK/38CHF (each a "Runner-Up's Prize"). In these Terms, "Prize" shall mean a Winner's Prize and/or a Runner-Up's Prize, as appropriate in the context.
14. Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value.
15. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
16. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
18. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to send, by registered post, the Prize to each Winner and Runner-up within seven (7) days of receiving a Winner/Runner-up's details.
19. If any Prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven (7) days of receipt, otherwise the Prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect a Winner or Runner-Up's statutory rights (if any).
20. Each Winner and each Runner-Up agrees to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
21. Each Finalist Question, each Winner and each Runner-Up's SEN Online ID, the answers provided by Shuhei Yoshida and the order of ranking of the Finalist Questions shall be posted on www.playstation.com. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish each Winner and each Runner-Up's name on the Promoter's website(s). Each Winner and each Runner-Up's name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked "Ask & Win: PS4 – Shuhei Yoshida" to the following address: Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
22. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded.
23. Each Winner and each Runner-Up may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction's tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
24. General Rules apply to the Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules.
25. The "Promoter" is: Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.
26. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.