Terms and Conditions
1. The "Beyond: Two Souls - the Many Faces of Jodie Holmes" Facebook promotion ("Promotion") is open to persons aged 18 years or over who are residents of Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom ("Participating Countries") except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter (as defined below) and their immediate families, the Promoter's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Promotion ("Participants").
2. The Promotion opens on 30 October 2013 at 09.00 (GMT) ("Opening Date") and closes on 30 November 2013 at 23.59 (GMT) ("Closing Date"). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the "Promotion Period".
3. The Promotion is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary. By entering the Promotion, Participants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions ("Terms").
4. The purpose of the Promotion is to create a pixelated image of Jodie Holmes (the lead character in the game 'Beyond: Two Souls') ("Image") through collating Facebook profile photos uploaded by Participants.
5. To enter the Promotion, Participants must complete the following steps during the Promotion Period:
a) visit the Beyond: Two Souls page at beyond.eu.playstation.com/extraordinarylife ("Site");
b) click on the "Beyond: Two Souls - Extraordinary life" tab ("Application") on the Site;
c) click on 'Connect to Facebook';
d) upload their Facebook profile photo to the Application via 'Facebook Connect'; and
6. Each Participant may only submit one (1) entry.
7. Each Participant must adhere to the General Rules and in particular, to sections 7 and 8. In addition, entries must not contain any:
a) pornography, nudity, or sexually explicit imagery;
b) abusive, offensive or hateful imagery or language;
c) harassing or defamatory content;
d) content that compromises the privacy or safety of yourself or others;
e) content that demeans a particular gender, sexual orientation, disability,
f) religion, ethnicity or nationality;
g) violent or dangerous behaviour; and/or
h) spam, advertising, or other commercial activities.
8. Each Participant grants to the Promoter a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use entries for promotional purposes and for all the purposes related to the Promotion, across all media including any online platforms under their control.
9. All entries must be completely original so as not to breach any third party copyright. Participants warrant that their entry does not contain an image of another person. The Promoter accepts no liability if Participants ignore these Terms and each Participant agrees to fully indemnify the Promoter against any claims by any third party arising from any breach of these Terms.
10. Subject to these Terms, each Participant's entry will become part of the Image. The Image will be displayed online at the Site at a date to be confirmed by the Promoter, and by no later than six (6) weeks after the Closing Date. When the Image is revealed, Participants can download, print and use the Image as personalized cover art for at least four (4) weeks after the Image is published.
11. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Promotion entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
12. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Promotion or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
14. Each Participant agrees to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
15. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish each Participant's name on the Promoter's website(s). Each Participant's name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked 'Beyond: Two Souls - the Many Faces of Jodie Holmes Facebook Promotion' to the following address: Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
16. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry.
17. On submission, all materials created, developed or produced by Participants in connection with their entry shall become the property of the Promoter. Participants hereby assign to the Promoter all intellectual property rights (including future rights) in their entry and otherwise arising in connection with their entry. Participants also waive all moral rights in relation to their entry to which they may now or at any future time be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world. Participants agree to take all such action and sign all such documentation as may be necessary to give effect to this section.
18. The Promoter does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available each Participant's entry.
20. All conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law or otherwise in relation to the Promotion are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
21. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury which Participants suffer as a direct or indirect result of the Promotion. However, the Promoter makes no attempt to exclude or limit its liability for death or personal injury caused as a result of its negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation.
22. The "Promoter" is: Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.
23. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Participant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.
The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Each Participant is providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information each Participant provides will only be used to administer the Promotion. Each Participant agrees that Facebook shall not have any liability in relation to the Promotion.