To comment, reply and like on the PlayStation Community forums you need to create a profile
Please log in or create an account on PSN to comment, reply and like on PlayStation Community

PlayStation Systems

If you are looking for Community,  click here

PS4 pro update 6.71 issues

Created 05/06/2019
10 Replies

I have updated to 6.71 on both my sons PS4 slim and my own PS4 pro. Thought everything was ok until I tried Star Wars Battlefront 2 and also battlefield 4 I get a bright thin line appear on the right side of both our TVs. It is apparent when battlefront 2 switches to hdr and the line appears. In battlefield 4 the deploy screen in game it is also apparent. It’s definitely not hardware as 2 different machines and different models and obviously different cables. I did not have this issue before the update as I would have seen this. OCD with things like this do my head in lol. Anyone else having this issue?

After a few hours of play we BOTH have had sound drop outs and black screens which I needed to restart PS4’s. As I said we have had no issues like this since this update!

Answers

• mont348

05/06/2019

mont348 05 June, 2019 @ 09:44

Sound drop out and blank screens usually indicates an HDMI handshake issue which can occasionally happen after a system software update, HDMI handshakes are usually easily resolved by switching off the TV fully at the mains power for 5 minutes.

I have two PS4 systems myself a standard and a Pro and not run into any problems so far, I don't have SWB 2 but I do have the first one and Battlefield 4 so I will check myself later for the white line. 

• BerserkLadyDudeN 06 June, 2019 @ 08:39

Chiuaua I have two pro systems, I got second one because the day warranty expired I installed supersampling beta update. At that moment all 4k games started crashing, I was thrown out of my digital GTA and couldn't get back into it. Because it kept freezing. HZD, OVERWATCH, Tomb Raider,  Uncharted etc. even dying light got some strange green, black, white artifacts on screen. I wrote to support they gave me all I already did then started blaming my ps4 pro gpu. I was sure I was right. And got another ps4 pro AND 4K TV, other isn't 4k.Forgot to mention if I could turn off 4 k in game, like Tomb Raider, it would go back to normal. 8 months after all this when Spiderman was about to be released, or was dunno, anyway, we got minor update saying system improvement like usual. The second it installed, ps4  pro, old broken one, went into Rebuild database by itself and I told my kid now you'll see Sony was blaming me for nothing. All games will go up and running. Not cables, not gpu, not this that, it is the beta. It's Sony.

And guess what, I was right. Then around NY 2019 we got another that messed it up again. 

Then we got 6.7 that fixed it then 71 broke it again BUT NOW NEW ONE CRASHES GAMES AS WELL. NOT ONLY 4K BUT ALL. IN SHORT, IT IS THEM NOT YOU IF YOU TAKE CARE OF YOUR EXPENSIVE GEAR LIKE OF YOUR KID JUST YO SEE SOME UPDATE MESS IT UP. 

ALSO, I will always stick with Sony because I like playing on Sony and Sony only since ps1 and my fav,  ps2.

But guess what my 2 has been through so much pain and still working perfect since launch. Unlike 3 that got ylod in few months. 

So, again, it's not just you. I just had 5 crashes with Overwatch and Killing floor 2 luckily I have extended warranty. But I know it's their fault. Sonys. 

Sad thing, I get everything digital and have 333 digital games and at least 50 are preordered. Digital. Never got a credit for being that supportive customer. Nevermind. Also i I pay for 2 ps plus subscriptions. I can't write anymore because I feel like... I'm dying. 

• Chihuahuaman2017 08 June, 2019 @ 15:02
    I tried it on a 3rd PS4 and a different TV and that was on 6.70 with the same issues.  I then updated it to 6.71 and still the same.  I unplugged tv and PS4 and tried again but same issue.  It seems to be only the 2 games mentioned BF4 and Battlefront 2.  All others seem fine.  I think it’s definitely the recent updates.  I will wait for another update and hopefully it will be rectified.  3 of 3 PS4s all same issue and all different TVs, cables etc.  Cmon Sony get it sorted!  Cheers for your responses though guys 👍🏻
  • mont348

08/06/2019

mont348 08 June, 2019 @ 15:18
    I did try Battlefield 4 I didn't experience any white line problems with my PS4 Pro. 
  • Stewart_Hegarty 20 June, 2019 @ 10:55

My PlayStation requires update 6.71 but it goes into error and cant get any further

Can anyone help 

Thanks

• RegulusXIII

20/06/2019

RegulusXIII 20 June, 2019 @ 11:38
    I havent had any crashings of the game but 6.71 is messing with my lobby menu screens. When the cursor is on the game and you can push down to go into the game menus for the add-ons and such it just sits there and loads and id have to hit the PS button to get back to the main screen.
  • kern71

20/06/2019

kern71 20 June, 2019 @ 14:22
    When in safemode i can only use option 7, It wont let me use any other option its stuck on 7
  • splat036

02/07/2019

splat036 02 July, 2019 @ 13:35

Since the 6.71 update my Pro hasn’t worked on microphone... any microphone.  I’ve tried 2 different PlayStation headphones both wirelessly and plugged into the DualShock and the camera.

tested them all on the settings/devices/audio device/adjust mic level and all showed the microphones working and feeding back but no microphones work in either games (eg fallout 76) or party chat.  The weird thing is that our regular PS4 works fine, it’s just the Pro that has this problem

• crofty1704

19/08/2019

crofty1704 19 August, 2019 @ 09:18
    I bought a ps4 pro December last year and had no but problems had to send it away for 3 weeks and when I got it back it worked good for a month then the same problems. Does any have these problems on the ps4 slim ?? Or is it just the pros??
  • mont348

19/08/2019

mont348 19 August, 2019 @ 09:55

Nothing wrong with the PS4 Pro or the update as both of my standard PS4 and Pro update fine each time without any problems, I am also currently running system software 7.00 beta on both again with no problems. 

It's also worth doing occasional house keeping with your PS4 by entering safe mode and run option 5 rebuild the database which should keep things running smoothly. I usually rebuild the database myself once a month of at the first sign of any problems such as UI lag. 

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/system---hardware/power---system-stability/safe-mode-on-playstation-4/

Connecting via WiFi can also introduce a load of problems such as packet loss which can cause data corruption with game and system software updates.