To comment, reply and like on the PlayStation Community forums you need to create a profile
Please log in or create an account on PSN to comment, reply and like on PlayStation Community

PlayStation Systems

If you are looking for Community,  click here

Port 5353 email

Created 22/06/2019
2 Replies
I have recently bought an Asus ac86u router to go with my virgin media 3.0(modem mode) everything is working fine and I followed a guide to port forward the ps4. I just received an email from Virgin Media asking me to block or delete port 5353 but they gave no instructions how to do this or what it actually does. Does anyone have full noob instructions on how to do this through the asus router? As stated, I had to follow a guide for the ps4 and that is the only thing I have forwarded. After looking online for virgin media and port 5353 it all points towards the ps4 which answers the question how I know it's that. 

Answers

• mont348

22/06/2019

mont348 22 June, 2019 @ 17:00

Port 5353 is used by script kiddies for IP address DDOS flooding the Virgin Media Superhub 3 is vulnerable to this as it is due to it's poor security so no wonder they want you to block this port. How you block a port on an Asus router I don't know but you have done the right thing by using your own router because of how bad the Superhub 3 is. 

If traffic has been logged via this port to your PS4 chances are you have playing an online P2P hosted game where this kind DDOS shananigans happen. 

The only thing I can think of is to create a port forwarding rule for port 5353 and see if there's an option to block rather than the usual allow, inbound and outbound etc

• bringmeflowers

23/06/2019

bringmeflowers 23 June, 2019 @ 10:32
    Sadly mont348 I have no idea how to do that. As I said, I needed up following a guide to forward the ps4. I will have to keep looking to see what I can find out.