To comment, reply and like on the PlayStation Community forums you need to create a profile
Please log in or create an account on PSN to comment, reply and like on PlayStation Community

PlayStation Systems

If you are looking for Community,  click here

Keep getting CE-34688-0 on booting up PS4.

Created 14/05/2019
2 Replies

I keep getting the error CE-35688-0 on booting up my PS4 and have tried installing the latest version at 6.51 via USB stick and doing it via wi-fi by booting it up in safe mode. I have followed the instructions and it either does not detect the update file on the memory stick, or in the case of doing it via wi-fi, just restarts upon installation onto the same error code.

I came across this issue after switching off the PS4 via the power adaptor after getting a staticky screen upon bootup (after doing some decorating, at first I thought it was the hdmi connection not being all the way in) and I think this unintentionally wiped the harddrive, or corrupted the data. This staticky screen is another issue from what I can tell and is tied to resolution as the resolution keeps changing when I navigate the safe mode.

I've tried most things but I'm open to trying new things - I've given up hope of recovering any of my saved data not on the cloud and just want to be able to access my ps4.

Answers

• mont348

15/05/2019

mont348 15 May, 2019 @ 06:48

The error code means you have the update file not the re-installation update file which is around 1GB in file size.

This update file is found under "Perform a New Installation of the System Software" which is normally used for HDD upgrade purposes or when the system cannot be removed. 

• Oran_Gina

15/05/2019

Oran_Gina 15 May, 2019 @ 06:59

You need the update for installation file NOT the regular, smaller Update file.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/error-codes/ce-34788-0/

CE-34788-0 PS4 Error Code

This update file cannot be used

The update file on your USB device cannot be used. Please make sure you have downloaded the correct file.

If you are trying to perform a full installation of the System Software, follow the steps below:

1. Go to the PS4 System Software page using a PC or Mac. https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/ps4-system-software/
    2. Scroll down the page and select "Perform a new installation of the system software".
    3. Follow the steps and download the full installation file (approx. 1GB).