PlayStation Systems

If you are looking for Community,  click here

Error code CE-34878-0

Created 04/12/2013
3028 Replies

I've been getting this on NBA 2K14 since this evening. 

The game is completely unplayable. I know it's happened with other games for people and it happened to me on Battlefield yesterday but seems to be working okay today.

Still, if games are going to become unplayable, what is the point of owning a games console?

Answers

• LordRoss

11/09/2018

LordRoss Best answer 11 September, 2018 @ 11:05

This means an error has occurred with the application.

1. Close the application, install the latest System Software and game updates and restart the system.
    2. If you have upgraded the Hard Disk Drive ("HDD") in your system, please re-install the original HDD.
    3. If the error occurs again, back up your saved data, and then go to [Settings] > [Initialization] and choose [Initialize PS4].
    4. If the error occurs with every application, or as soon as the application starts, please use our Fix & Replace tool: https://hardware.support.eu.playstation.com/

• Unknown

04/12/2013

Unknown 04 December, 2013 @ 11:40

I'm new to PlayStation (well, modern PlayStation), and it's ways, having converted from the 360.

I keep getting an error screen show up after every game on Fifa 14, displaying CE-34878-0.

I've looked into it and online it says that the 'application has crashed'. I've deleted it and re-installed it but no success. It keeps doing it.

Any ideas on how to fix it ? As this is the only game I have other than Resogun and Contrast.

• Unknown

04/12/2013

Unknown 04 December, 2013 @ 17:43
    Having the same issue with 2k I've heard of people deleting all their save game data because it might be corrupted and then the game working for them we might just have to wait on a patch I feel your pain I know it sucks!!
  • Unknown

04/12/2013

Unknown 04 December, 2013 @ 23:20

disconnecting from the internet solved my issue with this.

• Unknown

05/12/2013

Unknown 05 December, 2013 @ 00:31

I have had this error on battlefield 4 which is upgraded from the ps3 version.I have purchased Assassins creed today and i am getting this error on there which is a disk version.People are reporting getting this error on other games as well killzone,need for speed.

Just who is responsible for it the games publishers or sony all these games cannot be causeing this problem(or can they)or is it a problem with the latest firmware.

I just wish who ever was responsible would just admit to it so at least we would know that it is being worked on, the lack of response from sony or the games companys is pathetic.

Does anyone know what is causeing this error?

• Unknown

05/12/2013

Unknown 05 December, 2013 @ 01:24

Same here... 

After every Game in Career-Mode. I press "continue" and the game crashes with Error-Code CE-34878-0.

• Unknown

05/12/2013

Unknown 05 December, 2013 @ 02:12
    I have lots of problems, too. Just wonder why Sony won't resolve this issue. There is no way to repot it, I tried to call or chat online, however, it is impossible to get the help. Just wonder whether this is a rare case or a serious problem. I am so disappointed with Sony this time. They sold their console first but with more problems than xbox one! Their arrogant attitude make me feel very uncomfortable! Especially there is no any official announcement to claim any of this issue.
  • Unknown

05/12/2013

Unknown 05 December, 2013 @ 08:04

My fifa is totally unplayable by this error,  after every game I press advance and it crashes to home screen. 

It wouldn't be so bad if it saved after each match but when you reload it has gone back to before the match. 

I did find a solution to this ,, by signing in as a guest and playing my fifa works just fine ..... ???

However,  I want to play as myself and earn trophies for myself and not a guest !!!

Sony should be giving us some answers not staying quiet on this matter 

• Unknown

05/12/2013

Unknown 05 December, 2013 @ 09:09
    I managed to get it to work again.
    I've deleted all the save games I had, and deleted it and reinstalled it and it works again.
    It may be frustrating having to start manager mode again, but it's better than not having a game to play!
  • Unknown

05/12/2013

Unknown 05 December, 2013 @ 10:46

Deleting all Files and reinstall doesn't work for me... :(

• Unknown

05/12/2013

Unknown 05 December, 2013 @ 15:25
    I've even done a full restore to factory settings and it made no difference at all. Any ideas yet guys?
  • Unknown

05/12/2013

Unknown 05 December, 2013 @ 18:46

i got his error on nba 2k14 on career mode  i lost £25.00 on it do you guys no how or if i can get a refund..... 

• Unknown

05/12/2013

Unknown 05 December, 2013 @ 22:45

I am getting this error code as well on bf4 and assassins creed i rang shopto customer services today because i have had enough of it and its just unplayable,my ps4 is full of these error codes they told me to return it so its going back tomorrow.Hopefully i will get a replacement on either Tuesday/Wednesday.

I did the reinstallof the ps4 file system as well and all the other things people have said to do and it makes no difference i was still getting this error.

• Unknown

06/12/2013

Unknown 06 December, 2013 @ 09:05
    I have been getting these errors too, getting sick of all the problems with the ps4. Never thought I'd say this BUT might demand my money back and buy an xbox one!
  • Unknown

06/12/2013

Unknown 06 December, 2013 @ 13:10
    I've had this problem too after downloading fifa from psn ! It is so frustrating . I understand it's still early days for ps4. But come on ! . . I have however managed to play without interruptions now , as I've got 2 profiles 1 main one with ps and 1 normal without ps .. My second profile seems to work just fine . Without getting an error . Hope this helps because I understand how people are feeling

Best of luck
    Jay
  • Unknown

06/12/2013

Unknown 06 December, 2013 @ 17:03

This error code seems to be happening across quite a few games judging by the various posts in this thread, and on some forums...it happens everytime for me with BF4 disc version on both SP and multiplayer everytime i try to play it, so much so that the game is getting to be unplayable for any lengthy period and it has also happened on NFS Rivals previously too..

Now i understand that the console is relatively new and so some probs are only to be expected, but it would be nice if someone from Sony could answer what the code is about and more to the point. just what they intend to do about it, as like others i haven't been able to find any information about it and would like it resolved?

• Unknown

06/12/2013

Unknown 06 December, 2013 @ 17:28

I first noticed this error appearing whilst I was playing Killzone Shadow Fall a few days ago, the save file got corrupted and after I deleted it everything was fine. But now I have got the same error multiple times on Assassin's Creed 4. I've read reports of this across various PS4 games, so I'm guessing its something to do with the consoles firmware? Any one else know the cause of these issues? Thanks

• Unknown

06/12/2013

Unknown 06 December, 2013 @ 18:14

Try disconnecting from the internet, this seems to have cured the problem for others, of course this stops you from using online multiplayer.

I also have Killzone and haven't experienced any issues so far, only with one of the 'catch-up' tv apps available here in the UK (5 On-Demand)

• Unknown

06/12/2013

Unknown 06 December, 2013 @ 18:17

Yeah I'll give that a go. Cheers

• Unknown

06/12/2013

Unknown 06 December, 2013 @ 18:55

I've had this same error with Killzone Shadowfall. Unfortunately it corrupted my game save file. I have now lost all progress in the campaign. I had completed it on Hard and was working back through the chapters to get all the collectables. I was about four chapters away from collecting them all.

I think I will play something else now. This is ridiculously frustrating.

I also cannot connect to facebook on my PS4.