To comment, reply and like on the PlayStation Community forums you need to create a profile
Please log in or create an account on PSN to comment, reply and like on PlayStation Community

Account & Network

If you are looking for Community, click here

Someone used my PS4, remote play hack

Created 11/08/2019
3 Replies

In front of my eyes someone started my PS4, went to shop and bought a game using my account and creditcard info.

Any ideas? Has this happened to other people?

Answers

• mont348

11/08/2019

mont348 Best answer 11 August, 2019 @ 15:03

Poor account security will be why it's happened such as an un-unique password used on other services as well as PSN and not enabling two step verification.

If you still have access to your account change your password immediately to something unique not used anywhere else and set up two step verification and during the setup process sign out of all devices to boot off the other user.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/my-account/login-details-and-verification/ps4--2-step-verification/

• ReinRaven

11/08/2019

ReinRaven 11 August, 2019 @ 15:17
    Thanks!!
  • GraphiteGB

12/08/2019

GraphiteGB 12 August, 2019 @ 13:55

You can also see EVERY single remote play access in the remote play log... In the settings > remote play connection settings > connection history.

It states what user name, connection method and device..

If it states "nearby"  connection it means the USER was on your local in home network not external...

It also lists which device they were using localy... aka Mac, Iphone, windows PC, PS vita..

Just incase you did not know remote play also can be disabled with the off button in settings, if you did not turn it on Some one localy Did...