To comment, reply and like on the PlayStation Community forums you need to create a profile
Please log in or create an account on PSN to comment, reply and like on PlayStation Community

Account & Network

If you are looking for Community, click here

PS4 np-41772-1 activation error

Created 22/07/2019
6 Replies

I have two profiles on my PS4. Mine was primary. A few days ago I've tried to open an application on roommates (second) account and everything is locked "Only the following user who hold a licence for this content can use it. If you want to use the content, purchase it from PS Store". The whole goal of buying PS4 was so we could play on it with my roommate. Now he can not use any aplication.

I went to my account to check if it is set as Primary and there I found out, that it is not, as well as the second account. I was trying to activate it and then this error was shown: NP-41772-1. Like my account already has another system activated as my primary PS4. I've never used my account on another console. I've went to Sony's website to deactivate all PS sistems (there was only one). So I've deactivated it.

Now I cannot activate it (same mistake is written on the screen). I cannot reach Support - live chats doesn't open and no service when I try to call on the phone number, that is mentioned on their website.

Does anyone know how to activate my account or how to reach support?

P. S. I can play on my account, apps aren't blocked, but my roomate cannot play on his account. We've just renewed subscription for a year.

As well, I've changed password and made a two-step login.

Answers

• Oran_Gina

23/07/2019

Oran_Gina Best answer 23 July, 2019 @ 10:45

Try reaching out to https://mobile.twitter.com/AskPS_UK

They'll only respond to English language tweets but may be able to help. 

• mont348

22/07/2019

mont348 22 July, 2019 @ 15:17

Customer support are the only one's that can help no one here can help with account issues and console activations. 

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/#!/contact-us/

If you did manage successfully deactivate primary console activation associated with your account there should be no reason why you cannot currently activate your system unless the deactivate all option has been used within the last 6 months. 

• Mamka_zh_tvoya

23/07/2019

Mamka_zh_tvoya 23 July, 2019 @ 10:20

@mont348  I've deactivated my account only after this situation. 

It is still on the same error, like my account is set as primary on another console. On a website looks like everyting is deactivated. And still - my account already has another system activated as my primary PS4.

I've tried this option, that You've send me (thank you!!!), but, unfortunately, I cannot reach support, I live in Latvia now, so we don't have a support here. I've tried to call, it doesn't make a phone call on this number. Live chat doesen't open (I don't know why, maybe because of the region). On Facebook and Twitter they do not reply. It's been already a week since I've tried to reach out.

• Mamka_zh_tvoya

23/07/2019

Mamka_zh_tvoya 23 July, 2019 @ 14:06

@Oran_Gina Thanks a lot!!! 

Yesterday I've tried to tweet on AskPlayStation, they didn't answer (at least for now). Now I've tweeted on this account, fingers crossed.

Thank you one more time!

UPD.: https://mobile.twitter.com/AskPS_UK just answered! Thank you soooo much, my Hero!

• Oran_Gina

23/07/2019

Oran_Gina 23 July, 2019 @ 16:48
    Fingers crossed they can help you out, I'm glad they replied. ☺️
  • M7md_lhse_

30/07/2019

M7md_lhse_ 30 July, 2019 @ 13:00
    إلغاء تفعيله جهاز الرئسي