Guarantee for Repaired or Replaced Product
The term “Product” means the repaired or replacement PlayStation® system returned to you by Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited (“SIEE”) of 10 Great Marlborough Street, London, W1F 7LP, United Kingdom.
Please note: the system software pre-installed in the Product or subsequently provided via updates or upgrade releases is licensed to you, not sold, and is for use only as part of the Product. The terms of such system software licence are at playstation.com/legal.
This Guarantee is given to you by SIEE. It is personal to you and cannot be used by anyone else. This Guarantee is in addition to your statutory consumer rights (under applicable law) and does not affect them in any way.
Our Guarantee to you: SIEE guarantees that this Product is free from defects in materials and workmanship that result in Product failure during normal usage in accordance with the terms set out below and will, for the longer of 3 (three) months and the remainder of SIEE’s original manufacturer’s guarantee (the “Guarantee Period”) repair or, at SIEE's option, replace this Product, free of charge, where it is faulty due to defective materials or workmanship. Replacement will be with a new or, at SIEE's option, refurbished console. Any such repair or replacement is guaranteed for the longer of 3 (three) months and the remainder of SIEE’s original manufacturer’s guarantee. This Guarantee does not cover your data; any software or PlayStation® games; any PlayStation® peripherals, any PlayStation® accessories; or any other peripherals or accessories.
1. If you need to claim under this Guarantee, please use your local Customer Service helpline https://www.playstation.com/support/contact-us/for return instructions.
2. This Guarantee is valid where SIEE returns this Product to you in any country of the European Economic Area, Switzerland, Albania, Andorra, Bosnia Herzegovina, Channel Islands, Croatia, Gibraltar, Greenland, Isle of Man, Macedonia, Monaco, Montenegro, Republic of San Marino, Serbia, Turkey or Vatican City.
3. SIEE reserves the right to reject a claim under this Guarantee where:
a. any Guarantee seal and the serial number on the Product has been damaged, altered, defaced or removed; and
b. there is evidence that any attempt (successful or otherwise) has been made to open or remove the casing of the Product.
4. Under this Guarantee, SIEE may elect at its option to repair or replace the Product. All replaced Products shall become the property of SIEE.
5. Repair or replacement may involve installation of the latest software or firmware updates for the Product.
6. Products with Removable Hard Disk Drive ("HDD")
a. Products with a removable HDD must be returned with the original HDD when arranging for warranty service under this Guarantee.
b. Repair or replacement of the Product will involve reformatting that HDD.
c. You understand and agree that reformatting of the HDD will result in loss of your stored data, files and software. To avoid loss of any software, data or files which you wish to retain, before submitting the Product with the HDD for guarantee service you should, where possible, back these up and remove them from the HDD. Signing out of PlayStation™Network on your PlayStation®console will help protect any information you consider confidential.
7. Products with a Solid State Drive (“SSD”)
a. Repair or replacement of the Product will involve reformatting that SSD.
b. You understand and agree that reformatting of the SSD will result in loss of your stored data, files and software. To avoid loss of any software, data or files which you wish to retain, before submitting the Product for guarantee service you should, where possible, back these up and remove them from the SSD. Signing out of PlayStation™Network on your PlayStation® console will help protect any information you consider confidential.
8. To avoid damage to or loss or erasure of other removable data storage media, peripherals, accessories or non-original components, you must remove them before submitting the Product for Guarantee service.
9. This Guarantee does not cover stored data, files or software. SIEE is not liable to you for any loss or corruption of your data, files or software in connection with your exercise of this Guarantee.
10. You should back up your HDD regularly to prevent loss or alteration of data, files or software although some content cannot be backed up and must be reinstalled by the user.
11. You may not claim under this Guarantee when the Product is damaged as a result of:
a. commercial use, accident, negligence, abuse, or misuse (including, without limitation, failure to use this Product for its normal purpose and/or in accordance with instructions on proper use and maintenance, or installation or use in a manner inconsistent with applicable local technical or safety standards);
b. use in conjunction with any unauthorised peripheral or component (including, without limitation, game enhancement devices, HDDs, adaptors and power supply devices);
c. any adaptation or adjustment to, or alteration of, the Product carried out other than in accordance with instructions on proper use and maintenance of the Product;
d. maintenance or repair or attempted maintenance or repair carried out other than by a SIEE-authorised service facility;
e. use of unauthorised software, virus infection, fire, flood or other natural calamity; or
f. operation or treatment of the Product inconsistent with normal personal or domestic use or operation outside the Product specifications.
12. You may not claim under this Guarantee where you are in material breach of your system software licence (see playstation.com/legal).
13. SIEE reserves the right to refuse to repair and/or replace the Product under this Guarantee if SIEE cannot validate your warranty status and you are unable to provide an acceptable proof of purchase of your original PlayStation system.
14. To the extent permitted by applicable law, this Guarantee will be your sole and exclusive remedy in relation to defects in this Product and all other guarantees, warranties, terms and conditions, express or implied by statute or otherwise, in respect of this Product are excluded and neither SIEE nor any other Sony entity or its or their suppliers or authorised service facilities, will be liable for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential loss or damage including loss of data, howsoever arising.
15. SIEE does not warrant or guarantee any third party products or services which may be offered in connection with the Product.
If this Product needs any service which is not covered by this Guarantee, please either call your local PlayStation Support helpline for advice or contact https://www.playstation.com/support/contact-us/.