Terms and Conditions
1. The "Win a Smurfy Home Entertainment Package" competition ("Competition") is open to persons aged 7 years or over who are residents of Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Spain, and the United Kingdom ("Entrant Countries") except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter (as defined below) and their immediate families, the Promoter's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition ("Entrants").
2. The Competition shall run over two different Competition Periods (as defined below).
a) The Competition is open for entries on 04 December 2013 at 12.00 (GMT) ("First Round Opening Date") and closes on 18 December 2013 at 23.59 (GMT) ("First Round Closing Date") in the following Entrant Countries:
v. the Netherlands;
vi. New Zealand;
ix. Spain; and
x. the United Kingdom.
b) The Competition is open for entries on 08 January 2013 at 12.00 (GMT) ("Second Round Opening Date") and closes on 22 January 2013 at 23.59 (GMT) ("Second Round Closing Date") in Australia ("Entrant Country").
3. The period from the First Round Opening Date to and including the First Round Closing Date shall be referred to as the "First Round Competition Period". The period from the Second Round Opening Date to and including the Second Round Closing Date shall be referred to as the "Second Round Competition Period". In these Terms, "Competition Period" shall mean either the First Round Competition Period or Second Round Competition Period as appropriate in the context.
4. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions ("Terms").
5. To enter the Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
a) visit the PlayStation® competitions website at
b) click on the link for the "Win a Smurfy Home Entertainment Package" Competition;
c) enter their email address in the field provided;
d) click "Start" to begin the timed multiple choice quiz;
e) answer all of the multiple choice questions as quickly as possible, and click "Submit" once completed to stop the timer;
f) enter the following information in the fields provided and click "Submit":
i. confirmation of email address;
ii. full name;
iii. date of birth; and
iv. country of residence; and
6. Each Entrant may only submit one (1) entry and will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below).
7. There will be one (1) winner ("Winner") and twenty (20) runner-ups (each a "Runner-Up") determined as follows:
a) each Entrant will be awarded a score corresponding to the number of questions they answered correctly ("Score") and a time corresponding to the time in which it took them to complete the questions and click "Submit" ("Time"). Times shall be recorded to three decimal places;
b) the Winner shall be the Entrant with the highest Score. In the event that more than one Entrant obtains the equal highest Score, the Winner shall be the Entrant that obtained the highest Score in the fastest Time;
c) in the event that more than one Entrant obtained the highest Score in the exact same fastest Time, those Entrants shall complete another set of timed multiple-choice questions to determine the Winner, in accordance with the ranking mechanism set out in a) and b) above. In the event of a further tie, this process shall be repeated until one Winner is obtained; and
d) the Runner-Ups shall be the Entrants with the twenty (20) highest Scores after the Winner and shall be determined using the mechanism set out in a), b) and c) above.
8. The Promoter shall notify the Winner and each Runner-Up, by email, of their selection within two (2) weeks of the Second Round Closing Date.
9. The Winner will win one (1) Smurfy Entertainment Package containing the following:
a) one (1) blue PlayStation®3;
b) one (1) Smurfs 2 Blu-ray DVD;
c) one Blu-ray DVD player; and
d) one (1) Sony Bravia TV,
with a total approximate value of AUD 1,839 / EUR 1,282 / DKK 9,564 / NZD 2,080 / NOK 10,526 / PLN 5,374 / GBP 1,069 ("Winner Prize").
10. Each Runner-Up will win one (1) copy of Smurfs 2 on Blu-Ray disc, each with a value of AUD 35 / EUR 24 / DKK 179 / NZD 39 / NOK 197 / PLN 100 / GBP 19.99 ("Runner-Up Prize").
11. In these terms, "Prize" shall mean a Winner's Prize and/or a Runner-Up's Prize, as appropriate in the context.
12. In order to claim their Prize, the Winner and each Runner-Up must respond appropriately to the Promoter's email message to them, providing their name, date of birth and postal address, within two (2) weeks of receiving it.
13. Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value.
14. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
15. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
17. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to send:
a) by courier, the Winner Prize, to the Winner; and
b) by courier, the Runner-Up Prize, to each Runner-Up,
within thirty (30) days of receiving a Winner's and/or Runner-Up's details.
18. If the Prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven (7) days of receipt, otherwise the Prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect a Winner's and/or Runner-Up's statutory rights (if any).
19. The Winner and each Runner-Up agrees to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter
20. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish the Winner's and each Runner-Up's name on the Promoter's website(s). The Winner's and each Runner-Up's name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked 'Win a Smurfy Home Entertainment Package' to the following address: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Second Round Closing Date.
21. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded.
22. The Winner and each Runner-Up may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction's tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
23. General Rules apply to the Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules.
24. The "Promoter" is: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.
25. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.