Terms and Conditions
1. The "Win a Trip to Hollywood with Smurfs 2" competition ("Competition") is open to persons aged 7 years or over who are residents of Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom ("Entrant Countries") except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter (as defined below) and their immediate families, the Promoter's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition ("Entrants").
2. The Competition shall run over two different Competition Periods (as defined below).
a) The Competition is open for entries on 24 July 2013 at 12.00 (GMT) ("First Round Opening Date") and closes on 7 August 2013 at 23.59 (GMT) ("First Round Closing Date") in the following Entrant Countries:
iv. the Netherlands;
vi. Spain; and
vii. the United Kingdom.
b) The Competition is open for entries on 4 September 2013 at 12.00 (GMT) ("Second Round Opening Date") and closes on 18 September 2013 at 23.59 (GMT) ("Second Round Closing Date") in the following Entrant Countries:
iv. New Zealand;
v. Norway; and
3. The period from the First Round Opening Date to and including the First Round Closing Date shall be referred to as the "First Round Competition Period". The period from the Second Round Opening Date to and including the Second Round Closing Date shall be referred to as the "Second Round Competition Period". In these Terms, "Competition Period" shall mean either the First Round Competition Period or Second Round Competition Period as appropriate in the context.
4. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions ("Terms").
5. To enter the Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
a) Visit the PlayStation® competitions website at
b) Click on the link for the "Win a Trip to Hollywood with Smurfs 2" competition;
c) Enter their email address in the field provided;
d) Click "Start" to begin the Smurfs 2 picture puzzle ("Puzzle");
e) Complete the Puzzle as quickly as possible, and click "Submit" once completed to stop the timer; and
f) Enter the following information in the fields provided and click "Submit":
i. confirmation of email address;
ii. full name;
iii. date of birth; and
iv. country of residence.
6. Each Entrant may only submit one (1) entry and will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below). The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant if the Promoter has reasonable grounds to suspect that the Entrant has entered the Competition using multiple or fake e-mail addresses, or otherwise engaged in dishonest or cheating behavior.
7. There will be one (1) winner ("Winner"). The Winner will be the Entrant who completes the Puzzle in the quickest time. In the event that more than one Entrant completes the Puzzle in the same time, Entrants will be asked to complete a further Puzzle. In the event of a further tie, this process shall be repeated until one Winner is obtained.
8. The Promoter shall notify the Winner by email, to the email address provided by the Winner at the start of the puzzle, of their selection within three (3) weeks of the Second Round Closing Date.
9. In order to claim their Prize, the Winner must respond appropriately to the Promoter's notification email within fourteen (14) days from the date of the Promoter's notification email, and provide their full name, address, date of birth, contact phone number and the name of their three (3) chosen companions ("Companions"). At least one (1) of the Winner and their Companions must be aged 21 years or over.
10. The Winner will win the following prize ("Prize"):
a) A blue PlayStation®3 500GB console;
b) Return economy class flights for the Winner and their Companions from the Winner's home country to an airport in or near to Los Angeles, USA ("LA airport"), on dates chosen by the Winner (flights may not be direct and both flights and dates are subject to restrictions as per clause 13 below);
c) Three (3) nights' stay in a double or twin room at the Andaz Hotel, West Hollywood ("Hotel") with complimentary in-room Minibar and including breakfast, on dates chosen by the Winner (subject to restrictions as per clause 13 below);
d) A two (2) hour tour of Sony Pictures Animation Studio ("Tour");
e) Travel insurance (subject to clause 19 below); and
f) £250 to be put towards meals, drinks, tips, transport (other than transport expressly included above) and spending money for the duration of the trip.
11. The Winner will be contacted by a third party agency, Imagination Marketing Systems Limited ("Agency"), within one (1) week of the date on which they confirmed their details to the Promoter, to arrange travel and other Prize logistics. The Agency may liaise with the Winner to discuss suitable travel arrangements (for example, preferred departure airports and flight times), however all flight, hotel and transport arrangements are at the Agency and/or the Promoter's sole discretion.
12. The Winner and their Companions will be required to complete an information and prize acceptance form and submit copies of their passports to the Agency to enable the Agency to make the required arrangements. At the Agency's request, the Winner shall provide any further personal details (for themselves and their Companions) which the Agency may reasonably require.
13. The Prize must be taken by 31 July 2014. Travel dates and flights shall be at the Promoter's/Agency's sole discretion (including the home and destination airports). Excludes travel over Christmas, New Year, Valentine's Day, certain award ceremonies and Public Holidays (to be confirmed by the Promoter/Agency) in the country of departure or the destination country. Winners must give a minimum of sixty (60) days advance notice of their chosen departure dates.
14. The ultimate value of the Prize will vary according to the transport and accommodation provided, however the approximate Prize value (excluding VAT and flight costs) is:
a) 1900 GBP;
b) 3112 AUD;
c) 2186 EUR;
d) 16,302 DKK;
e) 3647 NZD;
f) 17,237 NOK;
g) 9295 PLN; and
h) 18,947 SEK.
The cost of flights will vary depending on many factors, including the country of departure and the date of booking, and have not been included in the above Prize value amounts.
15. The Winner is responsible for all travel and other related expenses not forming part of the Prize, including but not limited to airport transfers and transport to and from the Tour, and any meals or other refreshments in excess of the £250 allowance included in the Prize.
16. The Winner will need to provide valid credit or debit card details to the Hotel at check-in as a security deposit.
17. The Winner and their Companions must have a valid passport with an expiry date of at least six (6) months after the chosen dates of travel.
18. Visas are the responsibility of the Winner and their Companions. The Winner and their Companions will be required to visit the website https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov and complete the required information to apply for authorization to enter the USA. The Winner and their Companions will not gain entry to the USA without completing a visa application.
19. The Agency will arrange basic level travel insurance (excluding any pre-existing medical conditions) for the Winner and their Companions prior to departure. Travel insurance cover is subject to restrictions, and the terms and conditions of the insurance provider. The Winner and/or their Companions shall be responsible for any additional costs relating to obtaining insurance cover for any pre-existing medical condition and/or persons over the age of 65 (if applicable).
20. Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value.
21. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
22. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
24. The Agency will use reasonable endeavours to send the Prize to the Winner as follows:
a) by email, to the email address provided by the Winner, electronic tickets or booking confirmations for, transport, travel insurance and accommodation after travel dates have been confirmed by the Promoter/Agency;
b) by bank transfer, to a bank account specified by the Winner, or by cheque sent via registered post, to the postal address provided by the Winner, the £250, within one (1) week of travel dates being confirmed by the Promoter/Agency; and
c) by registered post, to the postal address provided by the Winner, the PlayStation®3 console, within one (1) week of receiving the Winner's details.
25. If the Prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven (7) days of receipt, otherwise the Prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect a Winner's statutory rights (if any).
26. The Winner agrees to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
27. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish the Winner's name on the Promoter's website(s). The Winner's name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked 'Win a Trip to Hollywood with Smurfs 2" to the following address: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
28. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded.
29. The Winner may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction's tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
30. The Winner consents, and shall procure that their Companions consent, to their personal data being provided to the Agency and being transferred outside of the European Economic Area.
31. General Rules apply to the Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules.
32. The "Promoter" is: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.
33. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.