More great games for PS VR2
Discover some of the stunning games coming to PlayStation VR2 in 2023 and beyond.
Start with a pickaxe in one hand and nothing in the other. Excavate the bedrock, reap the rewards of Mother Earth, and trade the mined valuables for new gadgets, travels, funky wild fashion, and more. Cave Digger 2 is a 1-4-player action-adventure game set in wildland valleys, where you discover old mines, nautical caves, and ruins of ancient civilizations inspired by Western, Dieselpunk and Lovecraftian themes. Explore the "pristine" lands, loot its riches, and unravel the mystery linked to a great explorer. As you go, it's best to keep a six-shooter nearby just in case.
Tools and Progression
Get thrown right away into the deep end by being stuck in the mines as your drill machine broke. With a single pickaxe, work your way to the surface camp where your journey can begin in earnest. Your goal is simply to mine and carry loot back to the surface the best you can for your mission assigners. With the surplus reward that you get, you can buy new things like upgrading your dependable pickaxe with a shinier look! (And faster digging rate.) Or buy dynamites that work on pretty much anything that needs to be worked on. Maybe you fancy a shovel that works for both digging and moving through the caves like a spider-miner. Whatever your preferred loadout, you will be ready to go deeper into the ever-shifting caves than any miner before or after you!
The valleys have their mysteries and they hide them well. Step by step the player follows the same path where a great explorer has once wandered. Who is this hardy explorer? Why did he come to these valleys? And where is he now? The answers to these and more lie in the depths of the valleys. The story has multiple endings, each revealing a different side of it. Find the scattered comic pages to a tale of greed, eldritch power, and secrets beyond space and time. Who the wanderer is and why he did what he did in the valleys become clear in the end, but is it really the end?
Gather a party of up to 4 players. Your role in the mining team is totally up to you! As long as at least somebody is carrying their weight in gold back to the surface, you all get paid in official Merchant Dollars equally. Co-op crossplay supports public matchmaking and private groups, and you are very free to show your wildlands drip by combining things from a generous selection of clothes, hats and faces once you've bought them first.
So, take a pickaxe (and your friends) with you and head to the wildlands for the riches it holds, find out the secrets it contains, and dig deeper into the valleys than any adventurer before or after you!
For the latest updates, exclusive sneaky-peeks, and 24/7 Saloon talks (memes), step into our Discord community -> discord.gg/cavedigger
– Discoveries, dangers, and digging
– Mine your way with the dependable pickaxe, versatile dynamites, hi-tech hammer, and more
– Procedurally generated partially destructible cave and mine networks
– Grab the six-shooter, chain-shovel, and the gold-pan-turned-to-a-shield if things get rough. TNT works fine too, just mind your team members if you aren't lone-wolfing! Gadgets evolve with upgrades.
– 1-4 player crossplay co-op of private groups or public matchmaking, also between VR and non-VR
– Collectable comic pages of Clayton - The Greed reveals the history of the Valley throughout the player’s journey
– Multiple discoverable game endings, each revealing a different angle to the story
– Player avatar customizing with dozens of things from clothes to faces to hats. Wildland fashion is a wild funky fashion that has something for every taste!
Do you play also in VR? Consider getting the VR edition Cave Digger 2: Dig Harder as it includes both editions. Note that saves are separate.