The original EyeToy: Play introduced the world to an entirely new way of playing games; the trusty DualShock was pushed aside, its purpose as the controller of choice usurped by, of all things, the human body.
Millions of converted EyeToy users later, and SCEE has finally returned to sate our desire for more camera-related entertainment with a new serving of frantic mini-games and groundbreaking experimental fun. EyeToy: Play 2 has arrived.
Things have come a long way since the original Play; EyeToy: Play 2 expands significantly on the mini-game formula, cramming over 70 wildly different quick-fire challenges into 12 spectacular new games and a variety of bonus mini-games. In addition, the PlayRoom has now become the home for a variety of amazing EyeToy experiments that will change your perception of what's possible with the wonder camera.
Those new games in full:
- Kung2: The EyeToy: Play favourite returns with more levels, more enemies, more bosses and more bonus challenges!
- SecretAgent: Collect the items that appear while freezing in silly positions to avoid the gaze of security cameras and spotlights
- BubblePop: Play's classic WishiWashi returns with a skilful twist - clear the screen of blue bubbles, but you'll have to perform some crazy contortions to avoid popping the red ones!
- MrChef: Make meals to order in a busy restaurant and perform a variety of tricky tasks to replenish your supply of ingredients
- MonkeyBars: Recreate King Kong's antics in reverse as you swing your way down a number of sky-scraping buildings
- DIY: Perform all sorts of home improvement tasks - from painting rooms and building walls, to chainsawing logs and chasing runaway pneumatic drills!
- Knockout: Boxing Chump receives an update, with extra opponents and improved fist-swinging gameplay
- HomeRun: Hit the incoming pitches as hard as you can, then physically run as fast as you can to score vital runs!
- GoalAttack: Train yourself up with a demanding coach, then attempt to save the day in various match scenarios
- Table Tennis: Play ping-pong against increasingly difficult opponents - time your shots for extra power!
- Air Guitar: Strum along to various rock tracks and take on a selection of string-plucking opponents in a test of your musical skill!
- Drummin' - Prove you've got rhythm by striking the drums on-screen in time to the music
The PlayRoom is now home to a variety of experimental games that demonstrate EyeToy's future potential - use your voice to interact with the Sonic Sub, catch out any intruders in your room with SpyToy, explore space with Solar System, and much, much more!
- 12 fantastic new games, each containing numerous fast-paced mini-games
- Improved Multi Player mode lets up to four people compete over 50 mini-games
- Catch out intruders with SpyToy security
- Interact with a 3D model of your own or your friend's head with EyeToy: Cameo
- Wide range of experimental PlayRoom effects - interact using movement, sound and even fruit!