What are voucher codes?
A voucher code is a set of numbers and letters that can be used to top up your wallet, receive downloadable content, subscribe to a service or obtain discounts on purchases from PlayStation Store.
You can receive a voucher code on a top up card purchased in a store, with a game disc, in an email or from a website.
Before you redeem your voucher code, please note the following:
- If you have a voucher code with a silver panel covering the code this needs to be scratched off with a coin. Do not peel it off. If you attempt to peel the silver off, you may damage the code printed underneath. This may make the code unreadable and you may find that you are unable to redeem it.
- Sub accounts are funded from the master account wallet, which means that a top up voucher cannot be redeemed on a sub account at all. Instead, ask the associated master account holder to redeem the code on their account and adjust the monthly spending limit in Parental Controls to allow you to spend the funds. Find out how to do this here. However, content voucher codes can be applied to the sub account provided the content is of the appropriate age rating.
- Please note that the voucher code must be for the same country as your SEN account. For example, if your SEN account was set up in France, you will only be able to use voucher codes specifically created for use on French accounts.
- You can only use a voucher code once. You can find out if a voucher code has been used already by checking the transaction history of your account (the voucher code is displayed on the transaction detail).
- Do not attempt to redeem the code on any account other than the account that you want to code to be added to, as we cannot transfer funds or content between accounts.
- If the voucher code has been used you will receive a pop up error message when you try to redeem it stating that the voucher code is invalid. If a voucher code appears to be used, though you believe you have not redeemed it, please check the voucher code troubleshooting articles for a solution.