What are voucher codes?
A voucher code is a set of numbers and letters that can be used to top up your wallet, receive downloadable content, subscribe to a service or obtain discounts on purchases from PlayStation®Store.
You can receive a voucher code on a top up card purchased in a store, with a game disc, in an email or from a website.
Before you redeem your voucher code, please note the following:
- If you have a voucher code with a silver panel covering the code this needs to be scratched off with a coin. Do not peel it off. If you attempt to peel the silver off, you may damage the code printed underneath. This may make the code unreadable and you may find that you are unable to redeem it.
- Sub accounts do not have wallets, so a voucher code for wallet top up redeemed on a sub account will be credited to the associated master account wallet. However, content voucher codes can be applied to the sub account provided the content is of the appropriate age rating.
- Please note that the voucher code must be for the same country as your SEN account. For example, if your SEN account was set up in France, you will only be able to use voucher codes specifically created for use on French accounts.
- You can only use a voucher code once. You can find out if a voucher code has been used already by checking the transaction history of your account (the voucher code is displayed on the transaction detail).
- Do not attempt to redeem the code on any account other than the account that you want to code to be added to, as we cannot transfer funds or content between accounts.
- If the voucher code has been used you will receive a pop up error message when you try to redeem it stating that the voucher code is invalid. If a voucher code appears to be used, though you believe you have not redeemed it, please check the voucher code troubleshooting articles for a solution.
How do I redeem a voucher code?
You can redeem your voucher code either in Account Management or at the checkout when you make a purchase.
- Sign in to your local user and go to [Account Management] > [Redeem Codes] or in PlayStation Store scroll to the bottom of the left menu and select [Redeem Codes].
- Carefully enter the code and select 'Continue'.
- The credit or content is now applied to your account.
Please check the voucher code troubleshooting articles for a solution.