A modern day reinvention of one of the most critically acclaimed arcade franchises of all-time, EA SPORTS™SSX will allow players to experience the franchise's signature fun and adrenaline-packed gameplay acrossiconic mountain ranges all over the world.
Utilizing NASA topographical satellite data, we've mapped out a Massive World for players to explore.Using a Google-Earth inspired interface, navigate throughout nine expansive mountain ranges and regions,each with multiple peaks and multiple drops. SSX packs reality-defying gameplay into every run lettingplayers Race, Trick, and Survive down huge open mountains. In addition, Explore, Global Events andRiderNet - SSX's recommendation engine - headline an online feature set that will revolutionize socialcompetition for gamers, making it fun and easy to compete with friends on your schedule.
REVOLUTIONIZING ONLINE SOCIAL COMPETITION:
- Explore - Explore every drop in the massive world of SSX. Set your fastest time on Race Drops, postyour highest score in Trick Drops, and descend as far down the mountain as you can in Survival Drops.In addition to a traditional leaderboard showing friends’ times to beat, ghosts of your friends’ runs arealso visible in your world showing you exactly how they tackled a run. Challenge your friends' ghostsor let your own ghost chalk up wins and losses, while you're away from your console.
- Global Events - Constant global competition at every drop point in the SSX universe against realpeople in real-time. Events can last for a single run, hours, or even days, with your friends and closestcompetitors phasing in and out of your immediate surroundings at all times. Post a time and move upor down the leaderboard even after you turn off your console.
- RiderNet - Inspired by the incredible Autolog engine from Need for Speed™, RiderNet will be theplayers guide through the world of SSX. It will allow players to 'like' their favorite drops, recommendnew drops and friends to the player, point players to ghosts that are beating their scores and muchmore.
- Race it - Way beyond your typical racing experience, SSX allows players to race down huge openmountains with multiple elevations and no invisible walls to hem the player in. Challenge a friend inExplore, or take on the whole world in a Global Event.
- Trick it - Defying the laws of reality, SSX will enable players to pull off tricks that would make even theworld's greatest snowboarders cringe. Forget a 1260° Double Mctwist, in SSX if you still have both feetstrapped to the board while you're spinning 200 feet in the air then you're still a beginner. With a refined trick system and levels designed to deliver trick opportunities at every turn, filling your Tricky meter is a must.
- Survive it - A new gameplay element inspired by big mountain snowboarding, SSX asks players tosurvive some of the most treacherous descents on earth. Challenged by the power of Mother Nature,players will have to survive avalanches, white outs, freezing cold temperatures and much more, as theymake their way down these natural boss battles.
- Conquer the Planet's Mountains - From Antarctica to Africa and the Himalayas to the Alps, playerswill drop into nine of the most iconic mountains ranges and regions on planet earth. Using NASAtopographical data and our proprietary Mountain Man tool, each of these iconic mountain ranges havethen been exaggerated to deliver a gameplay experience that is true to SSX.
- Advanced Physics - Harnessing the power of the current generation of consoles, SSX introduces arevolutionary physics engine that will allow players to ride and trick off almost anything in theenvironment, unrestricted by invisible walls and barriers.
- Upgradeable Gear - From boards of varying speeds to wing suits that let you glide for longerdistances, upgrade your gear to ride faster, trick higher and survive longer
- Characters Old and New - Favorite characters, as selected by the fans, make their return to SSX alongwith some new faces that will be joining the franchise. Characters include: Elise, Mac, Kaori, Psymon,Moby, Zoe, Griff, Ty, Tane and Alex.