In the past, Harvest Moon has been more of a farming simulation with a little bit of role playing added in. Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland takes the series in a new direction, by offering a deeper and more robust role-playing experience. It might be best described as a 'Life Simulation'. The object of Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland is to successfully save the village from being turned into a resort. Construction begins in a year, so you must find a way to save your homeland before that. Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland focuses more attention on relationships than that of making money. Befriending the people in town is the key to successfully completing your task. This is the first Harvest Moon title to be in a true 3-D environment. It looks much more realistic, yet it will not lose the cute animation aspect that all Harvest Moon titles are known for.
- 20 new characters each with their own unique personalities
- Explore a 3-Dimensional environment rich in detail9 Unique endings to the game
- More interaction with your animals, such as training your dog and racing your horse
- Enjoy hours or non-linear game play
- Collect and cook various recipes
- Earn various key items during part-time jobs!