Eagle One: Harrier Attack is an action game that casts the player as a United States Marines pilot who flies a variety of missions against a terrorist group that has taken over the Hawaiian islands. An underground terrorist group has detonated an electromagnetic pulse device in the air over Hawaii, which has destroyed all lines of communication, rendering U. S. military forces based there useless. The U. S. president responds by deploying a Marine Corps task force led by Eagle One. Using a multipurpose attack plane, the Harrier Jumpjet, the player must regain control of the Hawaiian Islands.
- Choice of five different aircraft to fly, including the Harrier Jumpjet, an F16 Falcon, an A10 Warthog, top secret Raven Stealth Jet, and a rescue helicopter
- Personalize your First person, third person and cockpit views put players right in the middle of the action
- High replay value derived from amount of aircraft damage; how long it takes to complete a mission; varying weapon accuracy; and a rewards system that includes acquiring stunt bonuses and getting points for discovering hidden missions and aircrafts
- Unique instant replay system where players can hit pause anytime during the game and re-live the last ten seconds of action
- Two-player split-screen option with two choices of play, including dogfighting mode and co-operative mode
- Twenty five missions (Five per island), some of which need to be completed within a certain amount of time, adding tension to the game